The Cenotaph War Memorial
The War Memorial which is made of Cornish granite was unveiled on the 15th of September 1923 by L F Roslyn following the style of Lutyens' Whitehall Cenotaph but with addition of bronze reliefs. Tomb chest set on tall pylon based on stepped plinth. Tomb chest has inscriptions on broad sides, and bronze wreaths on narrow sides. Below, narrow sides have bronze reliefs of soldier and sailor (signed L F Roslyn 1920); broad sides have bronze sword flanked by bronze plates recording names of fallen in Great War. Added tablets on narrow sides of base record names of fallen in Second World War and Falklands 1982; broad sides have Welsh and English inscriptions in bronze lettering.